Easy Homemade Dog Cookie Recipe
Cheesy Chunks Dog Treat
Looking for a free but tasty dog cookie recipe? My dog Luigi loves cheese! This easy cheesy cookie is one of his favourite homemade treats. Made allergy free just for him!
This cookie recipe is a nice simple one with only a few ingredients. If you use pre-grated cheese, then it only takes a few moments to put together a tasty treat for your dog.
To make this recipe wheat free, I used rice flour instead of plain, all purpose flour.
The recipe sometimes makes a slightly crumbly dough, so just add a little more water if you need it.
2 cups of rice flour (or all purpose plain flour if your dog is allergy free).
1 and 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese grated.
1/2 cup of vegetable or olive oil.
7-9 tablespoons of water.
How to make the dog treats
Turn oven on at 180/325 degrees.
- Mix all but the water until it forms a dough.
- Add the water tablespoon by tablespoon if needed, until the dough has a good texture.
- Roll out onto a floured board until it is the thickness of about 1 inch, then cut shapes with cookie cutters or a knife.
- Put in oven on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave them to cook and see what your dog thinks!
Let the cookies cool completely before storing in an airtight tin.
These cookies make a nice treat to use for training - or just to let your dog know you love it!
If your dog loves the basic recipe, try a few variations. You could try different types of cheese (Parmesan is good), or add some cubes of vegetable or meat.
Want to try more cheesy treat recipes? Try these homemade parmesan cookies.
Not got a cheese lover? Your dog may prefer honey and peanut butter dog biscuits instead.
Check out more Recipes for Homemade Dog Cookies
Leave this Dog Cookie Recipe for Crazycrumb-dog-treats Home